Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ticket to Uganda PLEASE


I was honestly surprised how content most people were at the four words I offered when telling them that I was going to a "dangerous", unknown place "God told me go", I believe that I was going as a rebel. Not with a blessing.

It hasn't been easy to get the money to go, I have 160 days before I go, a little over 5 months.
I currently have $510.68, the total cost is $4454.00. In order to go I have to raise 24.65 a day.
Sometimes I really wonder if I heard God or if I was just slightly crazy that week... but I came back and everything was Africa, EVERYTHING! 5 months.

There are some days, like today, that I can't wait to get out of here.
I'm done being content, done being comfortable, done have my problems be about boys and how dumb a person decides to act that day, or whether or not my friends are able to come over.
I'm done being normal.
I'm done being "whole".
I want to be broken.
I want to see as He sees.
I want to love as He LOVES.
I know this doesn't take me going to a different country or even leaving my own house.
But I believe I was told to go, I believe its time to go.
Its time to do something other than just sit here and be comfortable.
Its time to move. Its time to be the hands and feet of Jesus.

Its time.

Time to move.
Time to love.
Time to stop fighting.
Time to stop wasting our lives.
Time to live for the kingdom.
Time to care for someone other than ourselves and the people we relate to.
Time to be more.
Time to be different.
Time to ignore normal.
Time to love.
Time to LOVE.
Time to LOVE

help me.
send me.
come with me.

Matthew 25:40 (The Message)

37-40"Then those 'sheep' are going to say, 'Master, what are you talking about? When did we ever see you hungry and feed you, thirsty and give you a drink? And when did we ever see you sick or in prison and come to you?' Then the King will say, 'I'm telling the solemn truth: Whenever you did one of these things to someone overlooked or ignored, that was me—you did it to me.'

No comments:

Post a Comment